Easy to make with ingredients available year round - carrot cake. It becomes even more special when you add a touch of hemp to it. This dessert doesn't just provide a sweet taste, it also has many health benefits. A small portion of THC provides the best therapeutic and recreational value. In this short and simple recipe, we will show you how to create a wonderful carrot cake in just over an hour! See how to make a marijuana-infused cake.
To make the cake, you will need hemp butter > cannabis butter recipe <
Carrots are healthy on their own.
For the dough:
- 3 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 2 teaspoons baking powder 3 cups finely chopped carrots (about six medium-sized carrots) 1 ½ cups melted hemp butter 4 eggs 2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon ½ teaspoon salt 1 cup chopped walnuts
For the frosting:
- 250g cottage cheese ½ cup melted hemp butter 4 cups icing sugar freshly squeezed juice from one small orange orange zest
- 25cm round cake tin (can be a different size, but then the baking time may change depending on the thickness of the cake) 2 medium bowls large spoon measuring container mixer sharp knife grater baking paper cannabis and carrot cupcakes The cake can be turned into delicious cupcakes too!
- We start by turning on the oven to 180°C. In one bowl combine shredded carrots, nuts, cinnamon, salt and set aside for a while to let the flavors come through. Nuts can be left to soak the night before, but it is not necessary. To the second bowl go all the dry ingredients, that is, flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. We need to mix them very well. To the same bowl add the eggs, all mixed with a spoon. Pour in the melted hemp butter. Using a mixer, mix everything until a uniform, smooth consistency is obtained. No lumps or undissolved sugar crystals should be visible. Add ingredients from the first bowl and mix everything thoroughly with a spoon. Pour the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper or greased. Place in a preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes. After this time check with a wooden stick if the cake is not raw in the middle (if there are wet marks on the wood, it means to leave the cake in the oven for about 10 minutes more). When the cake is ready, remove it from the oven and immediately put it on a metal grate, so that it does not steam from underneath and becomes crispy.
- Remove the curd from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for an hour. Cut it into small pieces and add it to a bowl with powdered sugar and melted hemp butter. Whisk the mixture with a mixer on low speed and slowly pour the orange juice into the bowl. Raise the speed of the mixer and mix until the mixture becomes fluffy and smooth. Pour the frosting over the baked carrot cake and decorate with orange zest. Put the cake in the fridge for at least an hour to let the frosting set.
Be sure to read our other recipes too! See how to make:
- Hemp butter